Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Nitro API Configuration / SSL / SSLRSAKEY under construction

Kari Ruissalo

If I run the Nitro Client on a recent NetScaler build (13.1 build 27.59) the feature in the topic still reports "operation under construction !!!!! Please try different operation".

We're trying to find a way to automate the NetScaler certificate update process with Ansible, but we would first need to be able to create an RSA key on the box, then a CSR and post it to the Public CAs services.

The only way we seem to be able to do this currently would be to run the openssl commands via SSH which is not optimal. Also, getting the RSA key based authentication seems to work quite randomly (we followed this instruction -> https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX109011/how-to-secure-ssh-access-to-the-netscaler-appliance-with-public-key-authentication).

We also have ADM service so we could run some of the bits via that one.

There was some buzz about the Venafi integration (https://www.citrix.com/blogs/2021/03/22/automate-ssl-certificate-lifecycle-with-citrix-adm-and-venafi-integration/) back in the days, but I haven't heard of that for a while, any experiences on this one?

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with automating the SSL keys is just what you mentioned. You have to go to the shell, and not the NetScaler CLI in order to do any work on the certificates (OpenSSL). The RestAPI commands all line up with NetScaler CLI commands and the RestAPIs exist in the NetScaler portion, not the shell.

I will reach out to the product team and see if this is something they are working on coding into the product.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...