Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Backup is not performed correctly with a large number of admin partitions

Fe Land

Hi,

I do backup with Cli (log in with nsroot) and use the following command: create system backup -level full.

Get 'Done'.

In the ns.log: <local0.warn> [24067]: fill_fileinfo(): Memory limit reached for maximum files to be packaged in a single backup file. May not backup/restore all files specified specified in CONF file.

It's true, the backup is not complete. (see attachment problem.png)

I have 13 admin partition in my VPX appliance hosted on VMware ESXi.

First time this problem appeared after upgrading from build 13.1 build 12.51 to 27.59.

Build 33.52 is out now, but the problem still persists.

If I do revert to snapshot (build 12.51), than no error in ns.log and backup file is really full.

If you have only one admin partition, then the problem does not appear.

If you have VPX appliance with a large number of admin partitions (=>13), please check if the problem exists in your environment?

Thanks!

Did a simple check. New VPX appliance with 13.1 Build 33.52

I add an admin partition and check the full backup. After adding the sixth admin partition, an error "fill_fileinfo(): Memory limit reached for maximum files to be packaged in a single backup file..." appears in the ns.log. At the same time, all partitions are practically empty, they contain only a few LB-VIP and certificates, just for verification.

It is obvious that the problem requires the attention of the developers of Citrix NetScaler.

On the test VPX appliance with 13.1 Build 33.52, each new partition is created with the default (MAXIMUM MEMORY LIMIT) value set to 10 MB.

On the real production VPX appliance (13 admin partition) , each partition has its own MAXIMUM MEMORY LIMIT values from 16 to 512 MB. I tried to increase the RAM memory on the VM (VMware ESXi) from 8 to 16 GB. The error still persists. But at the same time, the error immediately disappears as soon as I roll back to the release 13.1 build 12.51. And the backup immediately starts to run correctly.